Sunday, July 05, 2009

Cuckoo, really?

Task 1: think of any English word
Task 2: find an appropriate Malay word that has the same definition as the English word
Task 3: just my personal question to you, is it easy to carry out Task 1 and 2?

I supposed it is subjective. Nevertheless, try carry out Task 1 and 2 within seconds, how tough can it be? For me its super tough. Ya I took 'A' level Malay and I'm confident to say that I can't speak superb Malay for nuts. Ya to SOME I may appear as arrogant because how can a Malay not speak Malay, right?What I would say, I can speak Malay but I'm not confident of using it honestly speaking; not even "bahasa pasar".Then the next question I always get, how often do I speak Malay?Not always. 1) English is my first language; need to speak English in school. 2)My friends are ALMOST ALL non-Malay even my best gal pals. Islin ah? Hiya her second language is Chinese. We can't be speaking Malay to each other all the time, what about Poon and Ting? 3) Ever since my mum is sick she has this weird thing where she speaks English. My dad speaks English ah! Hiya! That fat man always make me speak Malay in car but its fucking tough to string proper sentence. I haven't been in a school that teaches 2nd language for 2 years.So anyhoo...you be the judge & see whether Fadhil is reasonable.

After walking around for half a day, we took a breather somewhere outside Wisma Atria? Some where very close to the new shopping mall(digressing; it looks awesome!) Then came a family that looks like Malay because the 'makcik' is wearing 'tudung' and furthermore their tanned skin spells out the word 'M-a-l-a-y.'
"Dari sini gak boleh nyembrang ke lucky mall ya?" Then I answered, "ya, enggak boleh". She then asked how she could get there? The first word that came to my mind was 'underground' hahah. Well actually the correct word is 'underpass'. Anyway, how am I to answer her in bahasa indonesia? What is underground in bahasa indonesia? Get my flow? I don't know how to answer in bahasa indonesia because I was thinking of a proper word which I then could make up a proper sentence to answer her back. Not being able to think of 'underground' in bahasa indonesia, I conveniently said" you could go down there(pointing@the escalator) and use the underpass(I said sth close to this)". I know I could have just pointed @ the escalator and said "turun di sana...jalan bawa". What can I say...hiya not that smart.

So, the thing is, me speaking English was wrong in bf's eyes. He said, "juli, you are the same as Khairil(no idea why he came into the pic) orang cakap to you in malay you answer in english." I was like...err...shocked that something that baseless could be an issue. My point is, as long as I answered that lady, it should be fine.I mean rather than I don't say anything, I might as well say something. Okay maybe I shouldn't use the word, "I don't understand what the makcik was talking" because my bf's rebuttal was, if you tak understand how can you reply. Ya he was right.may be I was trying to say that I don't know how to answer her back in malay correctly. Ya, she's not looking for the exact words but REALLY...hiya I think so hard of the word'underground' in Malay that when I couldn't think of the word, I just replied in English.

Introducing...Juliana

I am bad at making new friends, really. I have a certain standard / idea to make friends with people. Yes I may be arrogant but I supposed if I do not pick friends, today, I will be some 'hanyut' girl. Picking friends does not equal to looking down@them. I pick friends in terms of their character.

My bf's charaters are opposite to mine. He makes friends with anyone.

With that said, I don't see why I'm needed in the "smoking break" because obiously I don't smoke. What? Really? Just follow? Furthermore its odd, ya she was my pri sch friend but we don't talk much for the past couple of years. Its awkward. He, on the other hand works@the same place as you.

Just how come you failed to detect my 0-willingness for you to go smoke with them? Hello, we were shopping together? Omg. This is so ri-dunk-ulous! And I didn't throw tantrum, that is by far my biggest accomplishment.

And so you are asleep after saying I'm arrogant.you're like a cuckoo right? Never going to right? 2 times and counting...don't make me.

Islin, hi! Are you reading my blog? Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELLO! yes yes~! i just read it. OMG. totally for you on the MELAYU speaking part. so what if we are malay man..

tsk! i think if its me, i wouldn't have even reply in melayu / bahasa indon the first time round..

ANYWAYS, I MISS YOU!
dinner/supper sooooooooon?